Friday, July 8, 2011

Quote #4

" Ideals are stars to steer by; they are not sticks to beat ourselves with."
-Barbra B. Smith

I can't help but say that most of my life I let my ideals be a stick to get me down. I notice that when it is a stick it not only beats me down but becomes a block to make a firm step forward instead I either dont move or I trip over it and fall... It just keeps me from getting anywhere and in result it hurts me more than it would if I would look up to the sky and just move forward when I get discouraged. I know that I need to be better at looking at the ideals that come and form in my heart and mind as a hope and a push into the direction that I need to follow to reach those ideals... my guiding stars. I know it really is easy to have things be shown to you that you may now want to become or things you may want to do and get down, overwhelmed and discouraged but all in all.... if we didnt feel uncomfortable and try something that is hard and new we would never progress. So I know I need to be better at sucking it up and keep going so I can be the woman and daughter of God I have always desired to be. I can be that. I have the power. I have the power to make my ideals stars instead of sticks to beat me down. So now, I must keep walking in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment